More about The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition
The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition is your guide to eating well for better health, weight management and simple satisfaction.
Learn the tips and tools from Mayo Clinic experts …
- An interactive guide to help you utilize disease-fighting foods to support your immunity, and ward off disease
- Specific nutrition information to help you lose weight
- Fun ideas that make healthy eating enjoyable
- Plus hundreds of delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes
About the Medical Editor
Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., and
Jennifer K. Nelson, R.D., L.D.
The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition
Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., is chair of the Division of Preventive, Occupational and Aerospace Medicine at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. A specialist in nutrition and weight management, Dr. Hensrud advises individuals on how to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. He conducts research in weight management, and he writes and lectures widely on nutrition-related topics.
Dr. Hensrud is a consultant in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Nutrition at Mayo Clinic. He is also an associate professor of preventive medicine and nutrition at the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic.
Jennifer K. Nelson, R.D., L.D., is Mayo Clinic's director of Clinical Dietetics and an associate professor of nutrition at the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. She has been a contributing author to and reviewer of many Mayo Clinic books. She contributes to the strategic direction of the Food & Nutrition Center, which includes creating recipes and menus, reviewing nutrition content of various articles, and providing expert answers to nutrition questions.
Healthy cooking can be delicious and enjoyable. Just look at some of the recipes you will find in The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition …
- Beef Stew With Fennel and Shallots — the rich flavor of this stew gets a boost from portobello mushrooms and fennel
- Banana-Oatmeal Hotcakes With Spiced Maple Syrup — moist and flavorful
- Spicy Beef Kabobs — inventive and zesty, makes an excellent appetizer
- Turkey Potpie With Baby Vegetables — a down-home classic made healthier with fresh, low-fat ingredients
- Caramelized Pear Bread Pudding — this classy version can be served as dessert, or featured at breakfast or brunch