You play a vital role in managing your blood pressure and your overall health. The sooner you take advantage of simple steps to improve your lifestyle, the greater your chances of enjoying a long, productive life.
5 Steps to Controlling High Blood Pressure guide will help you understand the many issues related to high blood pressure and assist you in making essential treatment decisions...
- Learn which single factor you can do the most about when it comes to influencing your blood pressure. This one step may be all it takes to lower your blood pressure and keep it under control.
- You know that maintaining a healthy weight is important. And we know it's not easy. But losing as little as 10 pounds may reduce your blood pressure to a healthier level. This book offers practical help for meeting the challenge of achieving and maintaining a healthier weight.
- There's a great alternative to blood pressure medications. This step may lower your blood pressure just about as much — without the expense of prescriptions.
- Did you know that your blood pressure goes down if you make your heart stronger? A strong heart exerts less force on arteries. You'll find dozens of tips to realize this goal.
- Of all the issues related to high blood pressure, none is more debated than salt. But moderating salt consumption can benefit everyone, regardless of age, race, sex or health status. In this book, you'll learn how to manage your sodium intake and live a healthier life.
- When changes in lifestyle aren't enough, today's medications offer effective blood pressure control while reducing your risk of other health concerns. Learn which medication, or combination of medications, may be best suited to your individual health needs and medical history.
5 Steps to Controlling High Blood Pressure is organized into two parts where you will find a comprehensive guide to understanding and controlling the condition –
- PART 1: FIVE STEPS TO CONTROL HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE — Discover five specific steps you can take to control your high blood pressure through lifestyle and medication. Simple, easy-to-follow strategies help you get your blood pressure under control and guide you past obstacles to a successful treatment program.
- PART 2: UNDERSTANDING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE — Learn the basics of high blood pressure, with details on risk factors, screening and diagnosis. Understanding how high blood pressure develops will help you keep it in check before it seriously harms your health.
- PLUS — Get to know essential self-care techniques, including how to monitor your blood pressure, avoid drug interactions, and recognize an emergency. Find out how high blood pressure impacts specific groups, such as women, children or those with an additional condition, such as heart disease or diabetes.
Most importantly, this book can help you improve your overall health. Separately, each of the five proven steps can improve your health and lower your blood pressure. When combined, they form a powerful, personalized program suited to meet your specific health needs.
Order now and instantly receive a FREE downloadable bonus gift, 8 Ways to Lower Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke. Get your copy today!
When you purchase Mayo Clinic newsletters and books, proceeds are used to further medical education and research at Mayo Clinic. You not only get the answers to your questions on health, you become part of the solution.
For bulk orders of 25 books or more, please contact our Corporate Sales department at 800-430-9699 or